Urdu Poetry Of Faraz Translated In English !

February 5, 2011


Hum bhi shaa'ir thay Kabi

I too was a poet once O life of my words, but I cannot remember
Since I have forgotten you the love of my art too, I cannot remember

Yesterday during a coversation with my heart I learnt
that any forelock, lips, any mouth, I cannot rememeber

In the city of intellect insanity is quiet as if
the very spontainety the rabid fluidity of his speech, he cannot rememebr

Firstly I was not familiar with the mannerisms required for ruins
Now the ways and traditions of the residents of gardens, I cannot remember

Everyone asks for the shop selling arrows and quiver
but his own body, any customer cannot remember

Time has brought me to such a desert of forgetfulness
Now your name even, may I perish, I cannot remember

Is this not enough that in the state of being without country
the abandonment of my fellow countrymen I cannot remember

Syed Ahmad Shah(Ahmad Faraz) poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Facebook Page

Advertisement

Followers